There is still room available in the District's WELCOME Preschool program for the 2019-2020 school year. Please review all of the program student criteria below:
- Child must be at least 4 years old by August 31, 2019.
- Child must be fully toilet trained and independent in the bathroom (can self-wipe, wash and dress).
- Child cannot be enrolled in any other preschool program.
- Must provide proof of child’s home address, which must be inside the Wapato School District boundaries. (Current house bill/receipt, cable/internet, official government forms)
- Must provide copy of child’s up-to-date immunizations.
- Must provide a copy of child’s state issued birth certificate. (Hospital record not accepted)
- Once required documents are provided, child must adequately complete the established screening.
- Child is expected to attend preschool Monday-Thursday. Illness and family emergencies are excused.
- Parent/Guardian or authorized adult must bring preschooler to the classroom. PM preschooler must be picked up from the teacher by Parent/Guardian or authorized adult. AM students can be bused home/ PM students can be bused to school.
- Parent/Guardian or close family member must participate in at least one class session. (2 ½ hours) per month.
If after review this criteria you are interested and your child qualifies please download & print our WELCOME Preschool Application and submit your application to the District.
Students will be identified as qualifying for preschool, based on mandatory Title I screening results. Screening will be held on August 22 & 23, 2019, 8:30 AM-3:00 PM at Camas Elementary School. Application materials will also be available at Camas Elementary during the two Screening Days.